Thursday 23 October 2014

Drafting & Planning: Self Assessment of Codes and Conventions Task.

In the peer assessment of my Codes & Conventions task it was suggested that i should experiment with more colours for Pitch Magazine and M Magazine featuring Drake.

These are my improved versions of the magazine covers with the peer assessments taken on board:

I have changed some of the red text to purple. This is because purple is readable, and it also complements the red. I have kept the pug red so it stays clear and in-keeping with the house style of the magazine.

I have changed different shades of red to blue, grey and white. It shows that the house style can have clarity even with a variety of colours on it. I have chosen blue grey and white because Marilyn Manson represents himself as a dark character in his music, so brighter colours than blue or grey would be inappropriate for the cover star, and this genre of magazine.

This task will assist me to choose the correct colours when I begin to create my own magazine cover because it has allowed me to see which colours match eachother when put together within a houestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment